Although MSP does not cover psychological treatment, some individuals have coverage for psychological services via their extended health care benefits. Consult your policy, as coverage varies amongst insurers.

Please note that extended health plans do not offer direct payment to practitioners; once you have paid for psychological services, you will be issued a receipt by our office which you then submit to your extended health insurance provider. Any services not covered by an insurance plan can be claimed as a medical expense on your income tax.

Dr. Currell is a registered provider with the Pacific Blue Cross health plan for the RCMP, Canadian Forces and VAC, and is able to bill for these benefits directly.
Dr. Currell is also a registered provider for the Crime Victim Assistance Program in British Columbia and the College of Psychologists of Ontario.

My rates are based on the recommended fee scale from the BC Psychological Association:

Individual therapy: $190 for 60-minute session

Psychological  assessment: $190/hr (total hours required to complete the assessment including report writing will be discussed during an initial consult)

Cash, personal cheques, VISA, MasterCard and AMEX are accepted forms of payment. Payment is requested at the end of each appointment. In the case of Psychological Assessments, 70% of the total assessment fee is due on the day of the assessment appointment and the remaining 30% due during the assessment feedback session. A copy of the completed assessment report will be mailed to you once payment is received in full.

There is no charge for any session cancelled 24 or more hours prior to the scheduled time. Sessions cancelled with less than 24 hours notice will be charged my regular fee.